Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with reindexing large product data

shankaradodis

Total Posts:  47

Hi,
I have a problem with reidexing my website ,where there are 200 stores and more than 1 million products ,it takes more than 8 hours to reindex completely i have written a sql update query which will inject values from a csv file to the tables responsible for indexing
here i have provided my code and csv file any help would be appreciated, attached is a code and csv file for test store not a real one.
i dont know if this solution will work please help me im running out of time ,
Attached it a xl sheet and code file any hel is appreciated

Thanks

File Attachments
export_all_products.xls  (File Size: 11KB - Downloads: 145)
stockupdate123.php  (File Size: 11KB - Downloads: 57)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

As I know the fastest way of re-index is the following -
1. Open SSH client (PuTTY fo instance)
2. Connect to your server (your server must offer SSH connections and you must have SSH credentials)
3. Navigate into your Magento store root directory (to navigate you will have to use “cd” command. You may also try to use “mc” command, if Midnight Commander is installed on your server
4. Run the following command when in store root directory:
php shell/indexer.php --reindex all

Our company develops the solutions to improve default Magento admin functionality. If you are adding products by import, we would be interested to check how our solution works with store which such a huge number of products. Maybe we will be able to develop some ways to speed up the processes of your store update.

If you are also interested in cooperation, contact us here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

why use Store Manager for Magento

If you read my reply carefully you will see that I did not offer to by Store Manager, only cooperation was suggested.

Besides, why to use any third-party extensions for re-index, as there is built-in default Magento feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

antonzhukw

Total Posts:  1

magento-asynchronous-reindex by Mirasvit causes huge variety of bugs, website is very slow. The website that was developed by Mirasvit (it’s using their extension for async cache and index update) is very slow, have significant bugs with cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

candacegolda

Total Posts:  1

Mirasvit - 13 December 2012 01:16 AM

Indeed when a large number of goods or attributes need to be saved, backend works very slow, as each time you save data the system re-indexes the goods through the entire catalog. If you import batch product, you need full reindex catalog after import.

Asynchronous Re-indexing is a solution of this problem. When a product or category is saved it is not immediately re-indexed, but put into a queue. The queue is re-indexed in the background. This greatly speeds up the backend.
If you import proudcts, extensions automaticaly check updated product and rebuild index ONLY for this products.
This mechanism is implemented by using an extension of http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html.

It’s perfect solution for large stores, stores who use Store Manager for Magento or who use magento import/export

Extension made the preservation of products just perfect. Everything works very quickly. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MLX_STORE

Total Posts:  18
Viet Nam

Hi,
You can use extension Export/import bulk product. It\’s allow you import bulk product without reindex

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community