Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I find references to specific images or files? 

joepro

Total Posts:  9

on Zencart there is a developer function where you can search a specific file, image or phrase and it will list results of where you query occurs in the php or css file.

Is there a similar function on magento? For example, how do I know where I can edit “logo.gif”? I know it is in the header.phtml, but is it possible to search for a list of results?

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joepro

I think I was not clear in my explanation of what I want, or is it really not possible?

I want to be able to find an occurance of a specific word or file name within the magento php/html files. For instance, if I wanted to remove the logo.gif from the store I know I would need to remove a line of code in the header.phtml. But is there a search function within magento to locate all instances of logo.gif so that I can erase all of the instances from every file that might contain logo.gif.

This function was available on zencart. Does magento have a similar function? or do we have to remember where every piece of code exists?

I hope I’m clearer.

Any help appreciaited!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

joepro

Ok, this is the third question I’ve posted here without any replies. Which surprises me as it looks like there is a huge community using magento.

I have been a user of zencart in the past and the support in their forums are excellent. This leaves me thinking the Magento community are full of people like me who are newbies, or the majority are not active. Either way, I guess I will have to find all the answers myself. I will continue to post questions here and should I find the solution I will also post the reply in the forum too, in hope that others who will have a similar problem can find it helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community