Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

‘Invalid option id specified’ during export

bigtuna

Total Posts:  20
Atlanta, GA USA

I have a clean install of the newest version (7.15).

I added a simple product. Then I exported via a profile.  I get this in the export popup:

Starting profile execution, please wait…
Starting Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product :: load
Loaded 1 records
Starting Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Parser_Product :: unparse
Invalid option id specified for tax_class_id (2), skipping the record (Line: 2, SKU: SP)
Invalid option id specified for custom_design (), skipping the record (Line: 2, SKU: SP)

Starting Varien_Convert_Mapper_Column :: map
Starting Varien_Convert_Parser_Xml_Excel :: unparse
Starting Varien_Convert_Adapter_Io :: save
Saved successfully: C:\xampp\htdocs\DecoratingMart2\var\data/Base [2788 byte(s)]

I saw this happen before in my last version, but figured I had done something to the db and let it slide. Is this a bug?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

regor

Total Posts:  7

I have the same problem!

Starting Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product :: load
Loaded 1 records
Starting Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Parser_Product :: unparse
Invalid option id specified for tax_class_id (2), skipping the record (Line: 2, SKU: Test Produkt SKU)
Invalid option id specified for custom_design (), skipping the record (Line: 2, SKU: Test Produkt SKU)
Starting Varien_Convert_Mapper_Column :: map
Starting Varien_Convert_Parser_Csv :: unparse
Starting Varien_Convert_Adapter_Io :: save
Saved successfully: /../www/vhosts/......./httpdocs/..../magento/..../export [570 byte(s)]

Magento Version 0.7.15480

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

In your database, in the table ‘tax_class’, do you have a class_id = 2 (with a class_type=’PRODUCT’) ?
For custom_design, try removing it from your mapping.
Tell us if this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigtuna

Total Posts:  20
Atlanta, GA USA

The tax class is in the database correctly (2, Taxable Goods, PRODUCT), which is why this is so perplexing.

As for mapping, this export is set to export all fields, so there is no mapping.  FYI, the export works, but those two fields were skipped. 

Also FYI, I’ve now imported around 14,000 products, all WITHOUT tax class specified.  I am able to edit and save them even though the ‘required’ field for tax class is blank.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

I have the same problem here. The tax_class_id doesn’t show in full export. Even when I tried the mapped feature and included the tax_class_id, still didn’t export it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Garri

Total Posts:  30

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2677/

Magento Community
Magento Community

tunersedge

Total Posts:  16

I’ve been mass adding products by duplicating one I want to use repeatedly, then importing correct informationto them. For instance, I will punch in 180 duplicates from one like product. I can hit duplicate around 10 times before the reload happens. Then I just manipulate my product data in Excel (much easier and quicker), and load it back in. Tax_ID and any custom_design can be set as part of the initial product. Then, each is already duplicated properly for the next batch of items. I don’t have to worry about getting the tax_id or custom_design field exported or imported. Not a good fix, but it works. I’m assuming this is something that will be fixed by production release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

That is a nice trick. However, I have upgraded to the new 0.8.16100 verson.
The good news is now we can import the tax infomration in the import/export option.
The bad new is, in this version I can’t see the duplicate option for the product.
The worst news is the import/export file in this new version is not in the correct format: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3532/

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibrown

Total Posts:  10

Hi

I believe I may have spotted 2 issues with import/export.

First issue: if the enclose delimiter is empty, it seems the profile gets corrupted.
Second issue: I map only the fields that are in my csv file and that need to be matched with the fields setup in the system. It seems that each time I save the profile, it adds the mapping fields again and again....

Herve

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

I am getting this error for 2 custom attributes (color and flavor). The attributes are not needed for the 19 products that are giving this error and are therefor left empty. The strange thing is, that I have hundreds of other products, that have nothing entered for those two attributes aswell - they export just fine..

Magento Community
Magento Community

mattbill

Total Posts:  3

I had a similar error when I tried to export all my products and found a solution that worked for me. Here are the details…

My error read:
Invalid option id specified for product_subcategory (,83,84), skipping the record (Line 216, SKU: Sample-Product)
where Sample-Product is the problem SKU and
product_subcategory is an attribute that I created that uses a multi-select input (as opposed to drop down, text input, etc).

I pulled up the problem SKU and looked at the problem attribute.Looking closely I realized I had selected the first/blank space at the top of the multi-select as well as 2 other options in the multi-select. I deselected the first/blank space, saved the SKU, refreshed the cache, and reexported my products. This time, there were no errors. (See attached screenshot.)

Long story short, go check the attribute for the SKU mentioned in the error message. If it\’s a multi-select, make sure you haven\’t accidentally selected the first/blank spot along with some of the other choices.

Hope that helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

After upgrading to 1.5, this problem completly vanished for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

miked2004

Total Posts:  214
Atlanta, Georgia

This error happens if you attribute uses a source model for its values and the value stored in the database does not exists in the source model.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community