Magento Forum

Can Magento do business website

decl

Total Posts:  2
London, United Kingdom

Hello, I’m not much familiar with the product offer by Magento. Likewise, I see all your screenshot is about shopping site. Now, I want to know if Magento also offer a business website?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

blikje

Total Posts:  35

Magento is a solution for building an e-commerce site, a webshop. A business site would be better off with Wordpress I guess.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davison

Total Posts:  56

In my point of view Magento is most popular in open source E-commerce CMS platform. This will help to set up a unique magento store and professional designers, it will also kick off your small business if the optimal utilization of the resources available to reach maximum number of peoples. Magento is used for developing best quality, highly scalable websites for small to large scale business. Whether you’re switching to e-commerce, magento will help in building search friendly and secure websites as per your requirements.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iwin_it

Total Posts:  10
USA

Magento is an Open Source eCommerce platform independent from third party plug-ins. Magento used while developing an eCommerce site. For business websites you can get it in Drupal, Joomla etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

michealburns1

Total Posts:  8

Business website i suppose only displaying information.. then you can use other CMS like Wordpress and Drupal. For your information, Magento is mainly used to just design an eCommerce site with ease.

Magento Community
Magento Community

scetinkaya

Total Posts:  2

the answer to this question is pretty simple: no, u cant build a professional business website with magento, specially not with the community edition of magento. as mentioned by others, i would also recommend typo3/drupal/wordpress/whatever

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community