Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New customer Emails Confirmation not working

nohart

Total Posts:  62
California

Hello I am new to Magento. I currently run Zen Cart on the same server and all functions are normal. I have Magento installed and I am trying to get it up and running. My New customer Emails Confirmation are not working. The contact us page works normal and I receive an email. But when I create an account to set up as a customer my New customer Emails Confirmation is not working. I never receive an email. I have checked my spam on the email I used as a customer and I have changed email addresses. I have deleted myself as a customer and tried again, requested another email be sent etc and just cant seem to get the emails to work. Searched the forum here and on Google and triple checked all my settings and I cant figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help? I am running the latest version Magento ver. 1.7.0.2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nohart

Total Posts:  62
California

I cannont believe it I fixed it! Isnt that the way it goes? I spent hours yesterday and finally gave in and posted today and what do you know I changed a setting and it started working and I was able to register my test account!

Here is what I did for others that may have this problem when setting up your new account. I went to Admin Panel -> System -> Configuration -> System -> Mail Sending Settings and changed Host from locale to mail.mydomain.com where mydomain is changed to my website. That did it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

abrary

Total Posts:  4

Thank you

الفراشة
مول

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community