Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Associated products vanish if one of their options is identical. 

VHardapple

Total Posts:  7

I have a variety of configurable products. Each product has two Dropdown-Options that can be chosen by the customer.

We sell abrasive paper, so the options are 1. size, 2. grain.
When I create an associated product, the following happens:
Only the first product of each size is being saved in the system.

E.g. If I have an abrasive paper of size A, grain A and another one with size B, grain B, I don\\\’t have a problem. But the second I create a third associated product with size A, grain B (or size A, grain C) it stops working. When I save the product at the end of the creating-process, it first shows up at the bottom under the \\\"associated products\\\”, but it does not appear in the frontend and when I reload the backend-product page, it is gone. Only the respective first product of a particular option is saved and can be found in the shop.
I tried several times and I checked for all the \\\"obvious\\\" mistakes, but I just can\\\’t manage to save a second product with an identical first option.
Does anyone have an idea, why that might be?

Thanks in advance!
San

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community