Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error Message not showing on Login Frontend

mugen88

Total Posts:  3

Greetings, if you were to refer to the attached pic, you can see that my login page has no “Invalid password or email” error shown. Any advice as to which file can i refer to for editing?

Image Attachments
loginnotshowingerror.GIF

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

quicksand14

Total Posts:  150

Well, by default the login file is in

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/form/login.phtml

You will want to move it prior to editing.

app/design/frontend/your_package/your_theme/template/customer/form/login.phtml

The message notification you are talking about though would most likely be in app/locale/en_US/

I would right click on the missing text and inspect it to see if the text is actually missing or just hidden, however.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mugen88

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for the reply. I’ve managed to find the file...seems like there’s some issue with this line

<?php echo $this->getMessagesBlock()->getGroupedHtml() ?> not displaying the error.

I’ve tried using the following code
$message = $this->__(’Your success message here’);
Mage::getSingleton(’core/session’)->addError($message);

from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3051289/how-do-i-retrieve-a-success-message-in-magento

and managed to get a working notification to appear . However, now the notification seem to appear on every other pages as well (second pic) :(

Are there any solutions for making the notification to appear ONLY when the error (of invalid password or email) is made? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Image Attachments
bleh2.GIF

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community