Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No Installation Wizard - Blank Screen

shamrockshirts

Total Posts:  6

I have followed all the installation inscructions for a manual install.  All files are in a subdirectory /magento.

When I navigate to myurl/magento/downloader.php I am redirected to myurl/magento/index.php/install/ and presented with a blank screen.

I’ve searched for hours to try and figure out what to do.  My hosting company (Netregistry) says I need to contact Magento so they are no help at all.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

A blank page could indicate a PHP error. Error reporting is turned off by default therefore you only see a blank page, but you should be able to see the actual error message in the server error log. Ask your host where to find the PHP error log.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shamrockshirts

Thanks for the advice.  I’ve spoken to my hosting company and I had to set up a statistics package in order to then get an error log.  Frustratingly this is going to take several days.

Is there anything else I can do in the meantime?  I’ve never had so much trouble setting up a system before!  It’s driving me mad!

Magento Community
Magento Community

design17

Total Posts:  9

Hey,

If you uploaded your files using the cpanel or hosting file manager, it could have damaged certain PHP files which I suspect to be the case here,

I would advise deleting your public_html and replacing the files uploading via filezilla,

You should also note your php memory limit if that fails,

Thnx

Magento Community
Magento Community

shamrockshirts

I uploaded all files via Filezilla.

Magento Community
Magento Community

design17

Total Posts:  9

ok and I take you have all the correct file permisions set? does it forward you to the install screen if you rename local.xml to local.xmllll ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shamrockshirts

Yes, all the files have the correct permissions.

Where do I find the local.xml file?  I can’t see it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

remidatornaghi

Total Posts:  1

is there a way to show the error directly on the screen if logs are not accesible?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community