Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cant log in to admin after installing first time? 

nohart

Total Posts:  62
California

Hello I just installed Magento Community edition using Softaculous and following this guide:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-installation-cheat-sheet

Everything went well. I had to drop all tables in my database to import the Sample Data for Magento. Everything went well and I received an email from the application Softaculous titled “New Installation of Magento” and it had my admin user name and password among other things.

I was able to pull up the store front and when I went to the admin url I was asked to login and when I put in my info I get an error - Invalid User Name or Password!

I tried to email the password to myself using the admin email address and it says - If there is an account associated with (my email address) you will receive an email with a link to reset your password. But nothing comes?

What should I do?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nohart

Total Posts:  62
California

Ok I thought maybe someone could help as I used Softaculous, which is a feature of cPanel and installed Magento. But what I found out was that Softaculous only does the default installation and I wanted to see the store operate in a test environment initially before I migrate from Zen Cart to Magento. So I tried to install the Sample Data for Magento and that ended up breaking the store so I deleted the store contents and the MYSQL database and installed the store manually. Its working now. Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community