Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Design does not change

marste

Total Posts:  4

Hello, Magento is a new application to me. I have tried to change the design, but no change happened.

My attempfs were:

First I downloaded a free theme and unzipped it into the directory structure. It was the theme “eco_fashion”. I have entered this name into “System"> “Configuration"> “Design"> “package” and saved the configuration.

A Refreh did not take the new theme, but still the Magento default theme. Clearing the cache via the “System"> “Cache management” did not yield any change.

Second I installed a free theme via an Extension Key. It was the theme “Hello Wired”. I typed its name “hellowired” in “System"> “Configuration"> “Design"> “Themes” into the fields “Templates”, “Skin (Images / CSS)” and “Layout”. I have set the field in “package” from “eco_fashion” into “default”. Store, cache, no change.

Why is it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

quicksand14

Total Posts:  150

Your theme directory goes under the “default” package.

app/design/frontend/default/your_theme
skin/frontend/default/your_theme

Be sure on the backend to go to System -> Design and change the them as well as System -> Config -> Design and change your theme spot there as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pearlwinselot

Total Posts:  2

Hey… thanks for this question and answer. Even, I too got my answer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marste

Total Posts:  4

Hi quicksand14,

thank you for your answer. Changing in “System” > “Design” worked fine.

cu

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community