Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Super Attribute Pricing Problems

RoadReady

Total Posts:  6

Hello,

I have a product catalog that consists mainly of configurable products with lots of product options/attributes.

The problem I am facing is that when I use Magento super attribute configuration to configure the pricing I am left with an immense mess of very complex pricing tiers. In addition SAC cannot properly calculate the final cost of a simple product due to the way the math is being handled. Each option appears independent and is not compounded… The bottom line is that this is not a working solution.

I would prefer if I we could just use the pricing from the simple products which already have the correct costs in our database.

I installed the Organic Simple Configurable Product extension and it did exactly what I was looking for, but there were some very nasty side effects. I am also currently running Amasty Image-Based Dynamic Configurable Products and the result is that it is causing the page to load within itself.

I am looking for a work around for either getting Configurable Products to use the Simple Product Pricing or to get SCP and Image-Based Dynamic Products to play nice together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoadReady

I have partially solved the problem.

I found a link which had information on how to modify SCP in order to prevent it from loading a page within itself. Link

This has resolved most of my problems with pricing.

The only problem I have now is that Amasty Image-Based Dynamic Configurable Products plugin is not showing the images that I have set for the product drop downs.

Is this a 3rd party lightbox issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoadReady

I followed the SCP guide on resolving 3rd party light box issues.

That did not resolve the problem. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community