Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Howto remove Additional information? 

Dean88

Total Posts:  16

Hello,

I haved search on the internet but I do not succeed to remove the “Additional Information” and the “extra description” on the product page.
In the “Additional Information” tab is only the “weight” visible. I tryed to disable the weight in: Admin-->catalog ---> attributes ---> manage attributes. But when I try to edit just something from the attribute it gives the error:

“The attribute code ‘weight’ is reserved by system. Please try another attribute code”

So how do I remove the “Additional Information” and “description” below every product page?

I hope someone could help me out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sehaj Mathur

Total Posts:  15

Hi Dean88,

If you want to remove Additional Information just open your template/catalog/product/view.phtml and comment the following code:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('product_additional_data') ?>

to remove description just open:
template/catalog/product/view/description.phtml
and comment everthing on the page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dean88

Total Posts:  16

I removed the line:  <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('product_additional_data') ?> from view.phtml and refreshed the page but the “Additional information” is still visible on the product page.. :(
But succeed in removing the extra description, thanks.. Now I only have to find a way to remove the Additional Information, I hope someone has a solution…

Sehaj Mathur - 08 October 2012 04:37 AM

Hi Dean88,

If you want to remove Additional Information just open your template/catalog/product/view.phtml and comment the following code:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('product_additional_data') ?>

to remove description just open:
template/catalog/product/view/description.phtml
and comment everthing on the page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sehaj Mathur

Total Posts:  15

Sorry for late reply. Try to remove ‘Additiona Information’ byy commenting out everything on template/catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml and see the changes.

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community