Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Indexing Problem in catalog url

abhishek1779

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I have more than around 60000 products per store and 40 stores in my magento site. And it will be increasing in future. I am trying to do indexing for catalog_url through command line at linux. But it is not being completed. Please let us know the best solution how we should do it?

We are using following command.

php indexer.php --reindex catalog_url

Thanks,
Abhishek

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Does it end with an error or never completes? Did you terminate it? It will take a long time to reindex the url routes with a large number of stores and products so you might need to increase the value of PHP max_execution_time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abhishek1779

Hi,

We are not using indexing from magento admin. We do indexing from command prompt with (
php indexer.php --reindex catalog_url) and it runs continuously for long time around 8 hrs or more. After that also, It is not completed.  Please let me know what the problem could be? how it can be solved?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Magento Community
Magento Community

abhishek1779

Hi,

I have tried reindexing after remove all records from core_url_rewrite also. Actually My site have around more than 20 lac catalog urls. but it is not being completed.

When I do reindexing, it breaks in middle after making some urls. When I start again, It starts to make url from beginning. Please let me know, there is any way when I start to reindex, it should start after already made urls.

It’s urgent, please help me to solve my problem.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community