Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product cound not be found

Greg_

Total Posts:  3

I am using an external link “.../checkout/cart/add?product=167&qty;=100” to attempt to add the only product on my site.  The system gives me a message “Product not found” .  We are a non-profit Boys & Girls club, the only product is a virtual product “donation” .  I deleted all the other products from the catalog after adding my virtual product - thus id 167.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Make sure the product is active and visible in your website.
Also make sure that is in stock.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Greg_

Thanks for the prompt response.  I went looking at the product definition since you said to make it active.  I saw when I went to edit the product that it has a sku “100001” in my case. In the external link url; ...checkout/cart/add?product=xxx&qty;=nn should the product (xxx) be the sku 10001 or the product id 167?  I see that the product is enabled; is that the same as active?  I really don’t want the wall.  I want to bypass all that as I have only one virtual product that I can’t run out of.  That is why I wanted an external link to drop the donation amount directly into the shopping cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Bucharest, Romania

When you add the product to cart by this url: checkout/cart/add?product=xxx&qty;=nn the xxx should be the id of the product (167). But I already see that you do this.
Can you provide a link to your website maybe I can see what’s wrong.
I’ve searched the code and couldn’t fund the error ‘Product not found’ so I don’t know where the problem originates.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Greg_

http://www.jerrysclub.org

When you get to the site it comes up in Spanish (the Boys and girls Club is in Mexico).  Click on English at the top of the page that will take you to the test page I am working from.  Enter a donation amount 100 and click donate

Thank you very much for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Bucharest, Romania

I see 2 problems.
First of all, the product is not available in your website.
I should be able to see your product at this address:
http://www.jerrysclub.org/magento/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/167
Make sure it’s enabled and does NOT have the visibility set to ‘Not visible individually’.

The second problem is with your form is submitted to a strange url: ‘/magento/index.php/checkout/cart/add?product=167&qty;=donationAmount.value’

Try it this way.

<form method="post" action="/magento/index.php/checkout/cart/add/product/167">
<
input type="text" name="qty" />
<
input type="submit" value="Donate" />
</
form>
make sure that the field name is ‘qty’ and that it is inside the form. Right now it’s outside.

Good luck.
Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community