Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can i show a side banner on product page

insomnia24

Total Posts:  90

I want to show a banner (a small image) on the product page and i want that banner to link to a page. How can i show the banner on product page and link it to a different page? I know where to add the codes but i don’t know how to write codes. Can anyone help me please? I am not a web designer so i don’t know anything about codes :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vjtemplates
Guru

Total Posts:  408
Washington, USA

Simply create a Static Block containing your banner then edit your theme’s local.xml and add this code:

<catalog_product_view>
<reference name="right">
<block type="cms/block" name="banner"><action method="setBlockId"><block_id>banner</block_id></action></block>
</reference>
</catalog_product_view>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi there, in case you want to create a banner with a link to another product consider this extension http://amasty.com/promo-banners.html. With this module you’ll be able to create promotional banners and link them to any page - either to your website or to some other one.

With the module you can also:

- Choose positions for banner display.
- Show banners based on product attributes.
- Display banners based on search terms.
- Display banners on cart, category and product pages

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase007
Guru

Total Posts:  388

Hi,

Check this the http://www.templatemonster.com/help/how-to-manage-callouts-sidebar-banners-in-magento.html

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZbyszekTomek

Total Posts:  121

HI. You can use responsive banners if You have desktop, mobile, table site.. II found great source for Magento extensions .
Shopmages have 20% off on everything related to Magento now.

Zbyszek

Magento Community
Magento Community

stasik

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I use Banner & Content Blocks and don’t rack my brains over codes %)))) This extension is great for config and very cheap, with great quality and support.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community