Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Specific word in url makes layout jump to left

splush

Total Posts:  3

I encounter a pretty bizarre problem while building up my new (Dutch) magento shop. The categories of this shop consist for the most part of countries. When I added the category Spanje (dutch for Spain) I noticed that the layout of this category page on the frontend jumps entirely to the left, also the design isn’t complete more. All other pages are aligned to the center as default.

As test I have changed the URL for the category Spanje from domain.nl/europe/spanje to domain.nl/europe/blabla, to my surprise the layout switched back to the center, as it should be. To exclude that the problem had something to do with the place within the category structure I created the category Spanje on several levels, anytime the same problem. Spanje in the url makes the layout jump to the left.
So, my magento installation/theme can’t somehow deal with the word spanje in the url, strange, and above all very unwanted.

Does anyone has an idea why this happens, and more important, how I can fix this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hello
If you say that the page does not load fully, then probably there is a ‘Fatal error’ somewhere in the page.
Check your logs.
Can you provide a link?

Marius.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community