Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Figure out how to place blocks in custom place

turbanator21

Total Posts:  1

Hello, I am using two homepage plugins, easycatalogimg and bannerslider. For sanity purpose, I am using the default Magento theme, I am just trying to learn the template engine.

When I enable easycatalogimg, it appears above the bannerslider on the homepage. I am using the following code to call bannerslider.phtml, within CMS -> Homepage.

{{block type='bannerslider/bannerslider' template='bannerslider/bannerslider.phtml'}}

I would like to call the bannerslider, then easycatalogimg. Problem is, I cannot determine what block type easycatalogimg is.

Are there files I can open to determine what block type easycatalogimg is? Then I could do this code, right under the bannerslider.

{{block type='foo/bar' template='default/default/easycatalogimg.home.phtml'}}

Right now, the easycatalogimg appears on the homepage with the template path hints turned on under

frontend/base/default/template/bannerslider/bannerslider.phtml

IN AN IDEAL WORLD, I would edit a page like…

frontend/base/default/template/cms/content_heading.phtml
...within that page, call out the bannerslider.phtml and easycatalogimg/homepage.phtml.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community