Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.7.0.2 Installation Error during DB Creation on GoDaddy Dedicated Server

minguy

Total Posts:  6

Hello, I’m having trouble with a fresh install of Magento Community on my GoDaddy dedicated server.

I’ve tried multiple times and I keep on running into an error after entering all the DB information (500 internal error at url: index.php/install/wizard/installDb/)

When I check the database, the magento tables are created so the connection looks to be fine.

The .htaccess has not been modified (although I am aware that I need to change “#RewriteBase /magento/").

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

ERROR LOG:
a:5:{i:0;s:309:"Error in file: “/.../app/code/core/Mage/Directory/data/directory_setup/data-upgrade-1.6.0.0-1.6.0.1.php” - SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘default-0-general/region/display_all’ for key ‘UNQ_MAG_CORE_CONFIG_DATA_SCOPE_SCOPE_ID_PATH‘“;i:1;s:1002:"#0 /.../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /.../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(407): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’data-upgrade’, ‘1.6.0.0’, ‘1.6.0.1’)
#2 /.../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeData(’1.6.0.0’, ‘1.6.0.1’)
#3 /.../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(269): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyDataUpdates()
#4 /.../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(351): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllDataUpdates()
#5 /.../app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#6 /.../index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#7 {main}”;s:3:"url”;s:36:"/index.php/install/wizard/installDb/”;s:11:"script_name”;s:10:"/index.php”;s:4:"skin”;s:7:"default";}

SERVER INFORMATION:
- GoDaddy Dedicated Server
- Linux CentOS 64-Bit
- PHP v5.3.3-14.el6_3

magento-check.php:
Congratulations! Your server meets the requirements for Magento.
You have PHP 5.2.0 (or greater)
Safe Mode is off
You have MySQL 4.1.20 (or greater)
You have the curl extension
You have the dom extension
You have the gd extension
You have the hash extension
You have the iconv extension
You have the mcrypt extension
You have the pcre extension
You have the pdo extension
You have the pdo_mysql extension
You have the simplexml extension

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

I’ve tried multiple times

looks like you just messed up with database.
1. drop database.
2. clean your var folder
3. clean your local.xml
4. enter setup.
5. install magento

this is it.

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

minguy

MagenX - 05 October 2012 12:11 PM

I’ve tried multiple times

looks like you just messed up with database.
1. drop database.
2. clean your var folder
3. clean your local.xml
4. enter setup.
5. install magento

this is it.

cheers

Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, when I stated I tried multiple times, I meant I did a clean install each time - i.e. I deleted all the magento files and deleted the database before unzipping the magento files again and creating a new database (which obviously is overkill but I’m not experienced enough with Magento to know how to delete selectively).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Recdepot

Total Posts:  2

im having this issue too....ive tried all the advice and im not sure which .htaccess file to edit....theres not one located in the root.

any help would be greatly appreciated…

C

Magento Community
Magento Community

minguy

Recdepot - 01 December 2012 10:24 AM

im having this issue too....ive tried all the advice and im not sure which .htaccess file to edit....theres not one located in the root.

any help would be greatly appreciated…

C

Recdepot, I was never able to complete a manual installation. However, I did find a work-around - I was able to install Magento using the server control panel (in my case, Plesk).  Most servers have automatic installation options for popular apps like Magento, Wordpress, Joomla, etc.  You should check that route.  Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community