Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

multi-language / Multi-domain question

PhilippeH

Total Posts:  24

Hello
I need to configure a site with multi-language / Multi-domain.

I have a site : domaine.com

So I go in “System > Configuration > web > Unsecure” and I change the Base URL for the spain store to domaine.es
Now on the site when I’m on “domaine.com” and when I change the language spain (flag) : from domaine.com, I go to domaine.es

BUT “domaine.es” don’t point on my site ! How can I do for : “domaine.es” point on my Magento site but with the url domaine.es. And no redirection from domaine.es to domaine.com

I want to switch .es or .com or .de or .de and stay on the same Magento site with the domaine name .es or .com or .de or .de

Can you help me, please

Phil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VnEcoms

Total Posts:  121
Vietnam

Hi,
This is easy just put this code to your .htaccess file. 

SetEnvIf Host .*domain1.com.* MAGE_RUN_CODE=domain1

SetEnvIf Host 
.*domain1.com.* MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store

SetEnvIf Host 
.*domain2.com.* MAGE_RUN_CODE=default

SetEnvIf Host .*domain2.com.* MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhilippeH

Total Posts:  24

Thanks,

Ok for exemple domaine.es and domaine.com :

With your solution, domaine.com -> Magento site and domaine.es -> Magento site, but here all the link are on domaine.com/ and not on domaine.es/

Any idea ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vjtemplates
Guru

Total Posts:  408
Washington, USA

After you’ve done with the multi-store setup, you can assign each store with a specific language. Just go to System - Configuration - General - Locale Options - Locale. Select the Store View from the Current Configuration Scope, then assign the language.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community