Magento Forum

Restric Payment Method to Choosen Currency

professor62

Total Posts:  3

Hi.

I miss this feature of magento: Restrict the payment method to a choosen currency.

I have several currencies in our shop. USD, GBP, EUR and CHF.

Some payment methods will bring an error, if a customer tries to pay - say, with USD. I want to restrict the used payment methods, so they are not presented to the customer if he tries to pay with USD in that example.

On the other hand, paypal can handle a lot of currencies, much more than the other payment methods I use. It would be great, if I could setup more currencies, for instance Argentinian Peso, and if someone chooses this, he only get Paypal presented as allowed payment methods and not those that don’t support his currency.

Is that possible? Restricting payment method to the currency selected?

Thanks for an answer.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Yireo

Total Posts:  52
The Netherland

Hi,

Normally Magento is able to use multiple currencies thanks to multiple Stores or Store Views. But payment methods can only be activated per Website scope. In other words, you will need to use multiple Websites for your single site configuration. Or you will need to modify the XML-files (system.xml) of each payment-module to make it possible to de-activate a payment method per Store or Store View - but this option is considered a core-hack and not advisable.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Is that possible? Restricting payment method to the currency selected?

You can restrict using certain currencies and payment methods with an advanced extension like Payment Restrictions - http://amasty.com/payment-restrictions.html

Also restrictions could be based on some shipping data, on product and order info, on customer group etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community