Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Subscribe to Wishlist RSS Feed Issue on Magento CE v1.6.2

IanRyan

Total Posts:  149

I am running magento CE v1.6.2.

I have enabled Wishlist RSS in the magento backend but when I select Subscribe to RSS Feed on the frontend Wishlist page no RSS Feed Reader can read the feed. I have tried Google Reader, Yahoo, Outlook etc. They all respond with an error indicating there is an issue with the feed link.

The feed link is of the form:-

http://mydomain.com/rss/index/wishlist/data/MTAzLGlhbmZyYW5jaXNyeWFuQGVpcmNvbS5uZXQ,/

The feed url is generated in app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Helper/Data.php by function:-

public function getRssUrl()

{
        $customer 
$this->_getCurrentCustomer();

$key $customer->getId().','.$customer->getEmail();
        return 
$this->_getUrl(

'rss/index/wishlist',
            array(

'data' => Mage::helper('core')->urlEncode($key),

'_secure' => false

)
        );

}

I have not modified this core code in any way.

I have also enabled all catalog RSS feeds in the magento backend and these catalog RSS feeds all work without issue.

Has anyone any idea what the issue might be with the Wishlist RSS feed?.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BelVG
Guru

Total Posts:  306
Minsk, Belarus

Hi,

Please open RSS in your browser and copy the code there, as according to the code you wrote -everything is ok.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IanRyan

The fact that Google Reader, Yahoo, Outlook etc cannot automatically open the Wishlist RSS Feed due to the fact that this feed is authenicated whereas the catalog feeds are not authenticated?

Magento Community
Magento Community

BelVG
Guru

Minsk, Belarus

Yes, it requires authorization, but most of the readers can check it and send the request to the user

Magento Community
Magento Community

IanRyan

So would you have an idea then why can Google Reader, Yahho, Outlook etc cannot automatcially open the Wishlist RSS Feed?

Magento Community
Magento Community

BelVG
Guru

Minsk, Belarus

You should check the settings of each reader. Each of them has a “use authentication for private feeds” checkbox.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community