Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Commissions/Old Orders

halopunker

Total Posts:  23

Recently I noticed a decent spike in our affiliate program, which at first didn’t seem that big of deal.  But after investigating it further it seems that every time someone receives a commission it will toss in commission for an order that was completed 2 months ago.  Some commissions received this way are from as far back as 1-2 years ago before the affiliate even signed up for an account or we even had PAP installed.  It’s now at the point where out of every 30 commissions about 10 of them are old orders.  Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

The only thing I can think of is if you have multiple orders with the same id. (Including maybe if you have a collision between the internal ID, which is probably in the 1000s or less, and the “increment id”, which is the one actually visually shown.) Is that possible?

Magento Community
Magento Community

halopunker

Total Posts:  23

No idea to be honest, it doesn’t seem to have any pattern to how they’re applied.  Here’s a picture of the last few entries, I would figure if it would be off it would be off in order.  But doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason.  I can take a peak inside the database if I knew where to look, we havent reset the order #’s ;( Here’s a picture showing the last few entries, the first one is fine, the second one has a total of 3 comissions it gave, and the last one that is visible has two.

The order numbers were:

Image Attachments
example.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community