Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

combine multiple instances of same attribute set

norcalseo

Total Posts:  12

I have successfully created simple products using attribute sets and assigned to a primary configurable product; in this case, bath soap.
I now have drop-down options available on the product page (e.g. container size and scent)

However, I need to take this a step further and create the ability for a customer to combine up to 3 available scents (e.g. orange, vanilla and lavender) to create their own custom-scented bath soap. Price will remain the same - regardless if one, two or three scents are chosen for the bath soap. Price will change based upon the 3 available container sizes.

Can someone suggest a best practice to achieve this?

One other thing… I am dealing with 3 container sizes and 30 scents, so as I am to understand, I must create 90 simple products and assign each to the configurable parent? I noticed that in using Quick Create, the category and sub-cats can not be selected, so I have to go back to the individual simple product and edit again - or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norcalseo

Total Posts:  12

Anyone? I am still stuck with this issue.  Any ideas from someone with far more Magento experience than me (only a week)?

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community