Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Subcategories not working (ORDER BY `cat_index_position` --> Unknown column ‘cat_index_position’ in ‘order clause’)

Total Posts:  2

Hello there, I recently upgraded Magento from version 1.4.2.0 to 1.7.0.2 following the official guide.

So many errors in the database, missing tables, non existent foreign keys and so on, as seen in many forums/threads.

I managed to upgrade but there are still some issues, when I go to a subcategory (artist, then I select an artist name) Magento throws an error.

Flat catalog product is enabled and the error shows this one:

SELECT 1 AS `status`, `e`.`entity_id`, `e`.`type_id`, `e`.`attribute_set_id`, `e`.`name`, `e`.`short_description`, `e`.`price`, `e`.`special_price`, `e`.`special_from_date`, `e`.`special_to_date`, `e`.`small_image`, `e`.`thumbnail`, `e`.`news_from_date`, `e`.`news_to_date`, `e`.`url_key`, `e`.`required_options`, `e`.`image_label`, `e`.`small_image_label`, `e`.`thumbnail_label`, `e`.`price_type`, `e`.`weight_type`, `e`.`price_view`, `e`.`shipment_type`, `e`.`links_exist`, `e`.`ugiftcert_amount_config`, `e`.`arranger`, `e`.`artist`, `e`.`composer`, `e`.`edition`, `e`.`genre`, `e`.`format`, `e`.`guitar`, `e`.`isbn`, `e`.`level`, `e`.`performer`, `e`.`piano`, `e`.`publisher`, `e`.`is_imported`, `e`.`pages`, `e`.`msrp_enabled`, `e`.`msrp_display_actual_price_type`, `e`.`msrp` FROM `catalog_product_flat_1` AS `e` WHERE (e.entity_id IN(’771’, ‘938’, ‘7872’, ‘7925’, ‘8089’, ‘8110’, ‘8133’, ‘8380’, ‘8393’, ‘8430’, ‘8434’, ‘8437’, ‘8557’, ‘8582’, ‘8711’, ‘8834’, ‘9023’, ‘9809’, ‘10010’, ‘10106’, ‘10274’, ‘10892’, ‘11162’, ‘13568’)) ORDER BY `cat_index_position` DESC, `e`.`entity_id` DESC LIMIT 15

The output of the query is:

Unknown column ‘cat_index_position’ in ‘order clause’

Disabling the flat catalog shows the artist page in the subcategory with no problems, but if I enable the flat catalog and reindex, the problem is there again. I tried already cleaning all possible caches.

Please help....

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

diffstrat

Total Posts:  4

@maraboshi: Did you get this figured out? I’m running into the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diffstrat - 21 January 2013 01:37 PM

@maraboshi: Did you get this figured out? I’m running into the same issue.

I wish…still no bloody clue about it :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

spadeworkers

I had this same problem and noticed that if I switched “Is Anchor” to true (under “Display Settings” tab in admin category edit), which enables layered navigation it works fine. Of course this won’t be beneficial to you if absolutely need that feature disabled.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community