Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A ‘points’ conversion instead of price for some customer groups

lthames

Total Posts:  1

I have a client that sells uniforms to large union contract employers.  All purchases are done on store credit so payment is done outside of Magento.  Individual users have a ‘credit’ that they are allowed to spend on their uniforms.  I am going to have to customize Magento to track this so that they can’t ‘overspend’ their allowance.

However, a few of the employers work on a point system instead of an allowance.  For instance, they might get 10 points for the year.  And the employer assigns workpants at a 3, work shirt at a 2, and work boots at a 5.  These don’t directly relate to the actual price of the item.

Is there a way I could have only certain customer groups shop with ‘points’ instead of money?  I could customize the Magento/Accounting interface to handle the transfer.  But I don’t want the shopping experience to be awkward or confusing for those who are shopping with points.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community