Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products sync/import with JSON feed

ash_115

Total Posts:  7

Hi

I have a access to JSON feed of all of my products from a product database.

Ideally I need to update the catalogue on my Magento website with these products every 24 hours.

I’m looking for a plugin/method to basically be able to enter the link to my JSON feed, map the fields from my database to Magento’s fields and set the frequency of the sync/update of the products in Magento.

I’ve not found what I need as yet. Does anyone have an suggestions/advice that could be of use?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ash_115

bump

Can anyone help please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

I guess I have the suitable solution for you.

To update your Magento store using the link (http or ftp) to the feed is possible via combinations of software - Store Manager for Magento and its addon Automated Product Import.

Basically, using those 2 products you set import once and further update of your store will be done automatically each time period you set (any you need - each day, week or month etc.) The file can be imported \"as is\” or if you need it is possible to set price mark-ups and other changes right in the process of import (without manual changes in the file).

Also it is one-time payment, so you order the products and your inventory is updated with no additional fees.

There is free trial versions of both applications, you can find them here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html
the free versions are active for 2 weeks.

Also if you need any assistance we provide free support and gladly will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ash_115

Thanks for the reply.

We only use Mac’s ....is the software Mac compatible?

Can the extension be used with multiple sites/installations??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi again.

Generally, Store Manager is Windows application. It is possible to use it on Mac using PC Emulator only. As for Automated product import in particular, it uses native Windows scheduler, so we are not sure how it works with Mac and emulator. For Windows it will definitely work, so if you have at least one computer with Windows or of you have any Windows server, you can set it there.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community