Just got all up and running on a fresh ubuntu server (7.01) on my home network, Everything is almost all set. My issue is that some of my url’s to admin pages are using my local network ip instead of the url im accessing it with. Here is my setup
server static IP: 10.10.0.6
router port requests 80 forwarded to 10.10.0.6:80
accessing the site via “mysite.dyndns.org”
mysite.dyndns.org -> router port 80 request -> forwarded to 10.10.0.6:80
Most of my urls append mysite.dyndns.org/magento/ to my urls so everything is fine, yet my menu urls are appending 10.10.0.6/magento to my links and I am accessing via a remote location, will error out. If I replace the ip with the hostname in the url string, the page will work. I noticed the top level of the menu uses the hostname, 2nd level menu items use IP, 2nd level submenus use hostname and so on.
note i installed the site using the ip and was trying to work remotely today encountering this issue