Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Images Not Working

minknet

Total Posts:  4

Hello everyone,

Here is the rundown:
. Running Magento 1.7.0.2 Community
. Problem started occuring after a server transfer

Images are no longer working on new products being created. Items previously in the system are unaffected. On the images page on the product information, this error comes up: Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. And the images are showing up with the magento watermark.

This can be viewed at: http://oldtrainsnewtrain.com/lionel/lionel-11843-train-boston-maine-gp9-aba-lash-up-with-tmcc-trains-set-9-cars.html

I have googled the message and I couldn’t find any clear solutions nor any from this year for that matter.

Please, all the help is appreciated. I just need to know how to fix it. I know this is a common issue as well.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

quicksand14

Total Posts:  150

Did you get this resolved? The URL you provided shows no image.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Did you try to install sample data and see, if it comes ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

code2012

Total Posts:  37

Just Rename your .htaccess file inside the /media directory to .htaccess-old. This will absolutely resolve your image issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

quicksand14

Total Posts:  150

xap1 - 05 October 2012 07:37 PM

Just Rename your .htaccess file inside the /media directory to .htaccess-old. This will absolutely resolve your image issue.

Hey xap - can you please explain this and what the issue is?

Magento Community
Magento Community

code2012

It generally happens while migrating site on new server.... just rename your htaccess file and give your media folder 777 permission.

Magento Community
Magento Community

minknet

The issue can be seen on http://oldtrainsnewtrain.com/lionel/lionel-6-11843-boston-maine-gp9-aba-lash-up-set-tmcc-rail-sounds-plus-9-cars.html .

Also, if you delete the .htaccess file or rename it, it will break your category names and all pages will go blank.

Any ideas? It only happened after a server transfer. But ive read about other people having the same exact issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

code2012

I am talking about the htaccess file present inside media folder and give your media folder permission 777.

Magento Community
Magento Community

minknet

I have tried that and it still doesn’t work. But in the product description itself, the images have the magento watermark but when you click on them, it shows the image correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

minknet

New Update:

I found this coming up:

[Sun Oct 07 05:37:56 2012] [error] [client 157.55.35.80] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use ‘LimitInternalRecursion’ to increase the limit if necessary. Use ‘LogLevel debug’ to get a backtrace.

That was in the Apache logs on the server.

Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

code2012

http://www.egometry.com/gruedorf/request-exceeded-the-limit-of-10-internal-redirects-due-to-probable-configuration-error/

http://www.bestdesigns.co.in/blog/request-exceeded-the-limit-of-10-internal-redirects

check this..

Magento Community
Magento Community

michealburns1

Total Posts:  8

I’d similar sort of an issue but permission 777 it was solved. Hopefully with new up gradation avail it will be solved soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community