Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘mysqlv107’ (4)

CBates

Total Posts:  3

I am getting this error, and was hoping someone can tell me if it is a server error, or a Magento error. My host aren\’t much help; they tell me the database is fine.

This just started happening as I experienced an increase in traffic from an ad campaign.

Can anyone help me, or point me in the right direction to a solution?

I am using Community 1.5.1.0

I have attached one of the error logs.

File Attachments
971483966218.txt  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 83)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

The error (2003) Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘server’ (10061) indicates that the network connection has been refused. You should check that there is a MySQL server running, that it has network connections enabled, and that the network port you specified is the one configured on the server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CBates

MagenX - 03 October 2012 12:12 PM

The error (2003) Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘server’ (10061) indicates that the network connection has been refused. You should check that there is a MySQL server running, that it has network connections enabled, and that the network port you specified is the one configured on the server.

I am getting error (4); not (10061).

Magento Community
Magento Community

CBates

MagenX - 03 October 2012 12:12 PM

Also, the server is running; it is an error that just started a few days ago, and does not happen all the time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community