Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Gap at top of page containing page title

gennie_c

Total Posts:  32

I have a problem that I can’t find a solution to. I have a gap at the top of all of the pages on my magento site that contains the name of the page. I don’t know what is generating this. When I inspect it with Firebug this is the code relating to the title.

<body class=" catalog-category-view categorypath-garden-outdoor-html category-garden-outdoor">

Does anyone know how to remove this?

Image Attachments
store.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prateekgupta
Guru

Total Posts:  541
India

Hi,

There are many javascript which generates dynamic DOM (includes classes in html tags thoiugh scripts) So one of your script must be causing that which changes the class of the body tag . Please check.

Hope this helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

gennie_c

Sorry I’ve been busy with another project and just got round to reading this. I’m not entirely sure what that means, but it’s a start. Thank you I will look into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gennie_c

Unfortunatly I can’t tell anyone who has the same problem what was actually wrong with this, but I must have changed something important in one of the files in template or layout. I have reinstalled the original files that come with magento and the gap has gone. It’s a mystery.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community