Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

This site may harm your computer error! 

in_grid

Total Posts:  9

I think my site was hacked!!! Now when I try to enter my site, I get a warning that the website page was reported as an attack page and was blocked. Also, in the google search results, it shows:"This site may harm your computer”. I need an urgent help PLEASE.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

in_grid - 03 October 2012 02:16 AM

I think my site was hacked!!! Now when I try to enter my site, I get a warning that the website page was reported as an attack page and was blocked. Also, in the google search results, it shows:"This site may harm your computer”. I need an urgent help PLEASE.

Most likely hackers get access to your FTP using brute-force attack method or using security hole in Plesk control panel (I saw such Plesk issue several weeks ago).

I recommend to:

1 - Change all passwords, including: Magento admin, FTP, SSH, cPanel/Plesk, email passwords.
2 - Ask your hosting to check your control panel for security holes/issues and fix them.
3 - Scan JS files for strange encoded scripts and remove it.
4 - Submit re-scan request to Google using Google Webmaster Tools service.

Magento Community
Magento Community

in_grid

Hi, TurnkeyE!
Thanks so much for responding, I’ve been waiting for 2 days now…
ok, suppose I know how to change passwords, but how can I scan JS files for strange scripts? how do I tell a strange one?
Sorry, my store is quite new and technical issues are definitely not my cup of tea, so could you specify a bit?

Magento Community
Magento Community

in_grid

I addressed the hosting company when it started, but they told me the problems are on my part.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxelson

Total Posts:  8

Hello! When you change your passwords, make sure they are not just hard to guess, cause brute force implies using all dictionary words, and also multiple combinations of letters and numbers, so make sure your password is long and strong.
Look through this post, it will shed some light on the topic for you.
If your hosting won’t help to locate security holes, you can use this service, it will point out what may be your potential security breaches.

Magento Community
Magento Community

makegood

Total Posts:  7

Check your .htacces file, its probably your culprit. In the past year, i had 3 clients who came with this problem and turned out magento itself was intact. only the .htacces had been overwritten.

also check for any folders that don’t look familiar to you. ( you can cross reference your back-up *clean one)

another one is index.php on your magento root. Otherwise for most shells, unless it was targeted they would not know what the file structure of your site is. so they overwrite the common files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

in_grid

makegood, maxelson - thanks, guys! Very helpful posts!
maxelson, the diagnostics is good, it turned out some function was enabled, which made it easy for hackers to break in. Now I’m working on having my site back on Google.

Thanks a lot!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community