Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t edit categories after upgrade to 1.7

m_tellfjord

Total Posts:  6

Upgraded Magento from 1.5 to 1.7. Everything works fine except edit categories. And i also have problems with special characters. The shop is in Norwegian. I can add products and attributes but i can¨t edit categories. The page edit categories page loads fine but then all the options disapear.  I can see the categories and i can move them but i cant create new ones or edit them. Some of the categories has special characters from the norweigian language in them and they dont even show up on the frontend.

I have googled this problem and tried many of the fix people are suggesting but i can´t get it to work.

Anyone know how to fix this. I might even be willing to pay someone to help me if the price is right.

Image Attachments
dump.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Otavio

Total Posts:  70

I am having the same problem!

Also, I can’t edit Products, can’t view ORDERS and can’t edit some custom module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

take a look at your latest extensions installed.
or admin modifications

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Do you get any javascript errors in you browser? Try to load the page with Firebug for Firefox or similar and look for errors in the console. The options are loaded with Ajax so it might be some issue with the javascript.

Best Regards / Mvh
Sindre

Magento Community
Magento Community

Imagin3

Total Posts:  2

What I did to solved this was:

System -> Magento Connect -> Open Magento Connect

Then Reinstall ALL Components again.

After that:

System -> Cache Management -> Reload/Refresh