Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sample Data

strazz

Total Posts:  10

Is there a way to customize the sample data and get it all configured the way you want it (one store, one view, simple list of four categories and a few sample products) and then use that for the sample data?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

You’re not supposed to use the sample data if you want your own data. Just install Magento without sample data and put in your own categories, products etc.

However, if you really want to edit the sample data, I guess you can edit the data in the SQL file, and put your pictures in the appropriate folders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

strazz

Total Posts:  10

Oh! Haha I’ll try a new install without the sample data grin Thanks.

Once I get it configured how I want it, is there a way to take a snapshot of the configuration of the entire store and load that into new stores?

Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

You might want to check this out:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/moving_magento_to_another_server

Magento Community
Magento Community