Magento Forum

ERP Integration

hotwaxmedia

Total Posts:  2

I found a number of older discussions regarding ERP integrations with Magento but nothing on the last couple of years.  I am wondering what ERP systems others are using along with Magento primarily for warehousing and fulfillment, but any experience with manufacturing would be appreciated as well.

Please let me know what you are using, how seamless the integration is, and any major trouble spots.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iKantam_

Total Posts:  89

You can check it here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/integrations.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  322

hotwaxmedia - 01 October 2012 11:40 AM

I found a number of older discussions regarding ERP integrations with Magento but nothing on the last couple of years.  I am wondering what ERP systems others are using along with Magento primarily for warehousing and fulfillment, but any experience with manufacturing would be appreciated as well.

Please let me know what you are using, how seamless the integration is, and any major trouble spots.

Thanks!

Hi there,

We provide a number of ERP integrations with Magento including Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV, SL and even Sage Mas 90/200. Our Magento Connector solution can quickly and easily integrate and connect Magento to a variety of POS, ERP and accounting systems. You can use nChannel to push item and inventory data to it from your POS, other eCommerce, ERP or accounting system.

More about our Magento connector here: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-magento-2/

I hope that helps and was what you are looking for. If you have any questions or would like to chat with someone, feel free to call or email anytime.

Thanks,

Darren
nChannel
1-800-406-8217
info@nchannel.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

hotwaxmedia

Total Posts:  2

Thank you for the responses.  I would like to hear from other users in the community about what ERP solutions they are using along with Magento and what their experience has been.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris8080

Total Posts:  163

Hi,

since we are a small B2B company, the costs have been very important for us - so we looked into several solutions for other open source systems and found the integration with OpenERP mostly good.

When you talk about ERP, you might be prepared to spend a lot of time or money on setup, configuring, customizing - unfortunately that’s the same at OpenERP..
Positive: You can have a system with Magento integration up and running within a couple of hours.
Negative: Very little well documented things and the help from the forums is even worse than here.

Some things seem just to not work at all. Like: Customer data sync. I cannot get new data into the other system, independent where I updated the record. That’s a bit strange - but maybe I just use it in a wrong way?

OpenERP on the other hand offers many modules which work quite good, once one understood how to work with them.
It took me quite a while to figure out how email marketing works, but now it seems to be good.

About production and fullfillment: Unfortunately I didn’t look into this yet but OpenERP can do it (see the youtube demos).

I’m still at the very beginning (setup 3 weeks ago and casually working on it) but it seems to be the right direction for us, eventhough it will take quite a while.

Bye, Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

iwin_it

Total Posts:  10
USA

It’s not like that people are not discussing more on its integration. It’s just discussed in some other place or forum.

And yes the integration is seamless with an ease.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris8080

Total Posts:  163

So where is the discussion going on about OpenERP / Magento?
Maybe I just use the wrong resources.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CartSpan

Total Posts:  31

Greetings,

I author CartSpan , the top-rated eCommerce integration tool for QuickBooks/Sage 50 on Magento Connect and have recently extended support for FrontAccounting ERP.

Some observations from development, as well as some unabashed cheerleading of FrontAccounting can be found here:

Discover open-source cloud accounting with FrontAccounting ERP

Best Regards,

Scott Wheeler, Owner
Noverhead Software
513-708-1317

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community