Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Theme installation problem

peter3006

Total Posts:  4

Hi all,

I am new to Magento and I hope I am in the right part of the forum here.

I have installed Magento today, and I am trying to install a new theme but this will not work.
I have Magento’s latest version installed, and when trying to install several themes following this explanation
http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/magento/magento_themes.htm

Nothing happens after I have installed the theme. I have tried seceral different ones, just to make sure that it is not the theme.

It is probably a silly error or oversight on my behalf, but could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Peter

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dsourc

Total Posts:  3
Mumbai, India

Hi Peter,

it seems that you are using a standard magento connect method to install the theme, well can you tell me what is the name of the theme and what did you wrote at system-->configuration-->design-->theme-->default section.

I’m sure you didn’t used “modern” for your default theme name.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

peter3006

Total Posts:  4

HI,
Thank you fro your reply.

The theme names are

- Magento Theme Absolute theme - I tried writing Absolute, absolute theme
- Grayscale - wrote: Grayscale

using magento connect 2 in the back office

Thanks again for your reply, and best regards