Magento Forum

Shopping Cart Pickle

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

Hi,

Having an issue with the shopping cart at the moment and I’m wondering if anyone can shed any light on it. It’s really really important as I’m stuck otherwise.

I don’t know why, but when I try adding something to the cart, I get directed to an empty shopping cart page which tells me the product has been added to it. Obviously no products are in the cart, but it just does not want to do it.

It’s in the attached screenshot. I had Advanced Custom Options installed, which I feel may be a contributing factor. I’ve removed all trace of it and it still seems to occur.

Any help at all. Any help! Any would be great. I’d like someone to break the mould and just type anything in a reply. It’s not hard, just tell me what I should be looking at!!

Thanks,
Tom

Image Attachments
lemon.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam_S

Total Posts:  12

I am not sure whether it will work for you, but this is the way I fixed the error like this, So, in your configuration settings, make sure the “redirect to cart after adding product” is set to “no”. That way, when you add a product, it would be added to your cart but, but not redirect you to the shopping cart.
Also, this might be a cache instance, so try clearing the cache
Also, there is an extension for checking the cart for errors, I\m using it if nothing else works. It can pinpoint the source of the problem, then you’ll know what to work on: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/free-shopping-cart-error-diagnostics-5785.html

Let me know whether anything works for you! I truly hope you’ll have it fixed soon.

Take care
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

Maybe a Cache / Session - Bug.
Delete all files in var/cache und var/session and try again. (When no files exists in var/session, you need to clear the session table in the database).

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Hi guys,

Firstly, thanks SO much for replying to me. I really appreciate it smile

I’ve tried clearing both the session and normal cache (the session table was empty already when I got to it) and that didn’t work.

I didn’t realise there was a diagnostics extension! However, it’s unavailable on that extension page. I’ll have to contact the developer.

I’ll let you know what goes on.

Additionally, I tried adding to the cart via address (can’t remember the link but it ended in the id and quantity) and that did the same.

One more thing I’ve noticed. I don’t know if I’m correct in thinking this, but the add to cart javascript url is different on this site compared to other sites.

For instance:

setLocation(’http://www.mysite.com/checkout/cart/add/uenc/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zYWhhcmEudWsuY29tL3RoZWJvbHRvbm5ld3Mv/product/37633/’)

Is the problem site.

On another site though, it would be:

setLocation(’http://www.mysite.com/checkout/cart/add/uenc/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zYWhhcmEudWsuY29tL3RoZWJvbHRvbm5ld3Mv,,/product/37633/’)

Notice the additional commas before ‘product’. This is the same on 3 other sites.

I’ll let you know if I can get that diagnostics thing installed.

Thanks again!!

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Didn’t realise the diagnostics was actually on line.

The only thing its told me, which is really weird, is that my SSL certificate is invalid. I’ve checked on my server and that certainly isn’t the case at all! Really weird.

Thanks again smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Ok, I’ve consulted a friend of mine and he tells me the following:

Looks like layout files were modified and this is probably causing the problem.

When the ‘add to cart’ button is clicked, Sahara will always go to “frontend/base/default//template/checkout/cart/noItems.phtml” even when there are items added. Normally, when an item is added, it will go to “frontend/base/default/template/checkout/cart.phtml”

We suspect that someone changed the layout files or theme files of magento which is causing the problem.

I hope that helps someone to solve it. I’m combing through the site for inconsistencies, but I don’t know where to look. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Soooo.... no-one has ever experienced this before then? Nothing even remotely similar.

Typical.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Ok, it appears my problem has been solved. It\’s linked to 2 problems I\’ve posted about:

Categories not showing up in the front and back end
Custom Options not working properly

Apparently someone had edited a file within the varien files, quoting out some code, rendering some database queries useless. So I\’d advise anyone with backups of their site to compare the core folders and see what\’s different within those areas.

It\’s a stupid problem to have, it\’s cost me and my bosses a LOT of money to solve, but there. I hope no-one else has to go through what I went through.

Thanks,
Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community