Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable product with lot of options - Invalid Form key at around 1000 Associated Products? 

highwaykind

Total Posts:  10

Could someone please help me figure this out?

I’ve got a configurable product with quite a lot of options (spent a few days importing CSV files).

Bu when I add all Simple products to the Configurable one by checking them in Associated Products, as soon as it hits 1000 (of the 2880 I have to select) it gives me a popup with ‘Invalid Form key. Please refresh the page”.

I don’t think it’s a particular product that is causing the error because I checked/unchecked a few random ones and then I could add a few more before I got the error.

Thanks in advance!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

HI there,

Actually, haven’t faced this issue before. Maybe you have some page time-out while you assign your simple products to configurable.

To make sure that this issue is with your admin, but not with database itself, I offer you to assign your simples to configurable products via desktop application called Store Manager for Magento. It works directly with database and is not web-based, so do not require much server resources.

Also using this application you will be able in bulk to assign simple products to appropriate configurable for that you need in column _associated_sku in front of each configurable product indicate SKUs of simple products separated by comma. Check this article for the details - http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/what-is-magento-configurable-product-and-how-to-import-magento-configurable-products

The free 2-weeks trial version of Store Manager you can download here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

If the issue remains, then most likely it is some deeper issue than admin difficulty and you have to dig for some other reason of it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community