Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

huge problem with checkout

Pinpoint

Total Posts:  56

Hello All,

For some time now customers get the follow problem when the place an order when they click on “place order”.

As far as I know there are 3 possible scenarios that can take place.

- they return to the shopping cart and get a message that the product is out of stock.

- they return to the shopping cart and it is empty

- nothing happens and people stay on the one step checkout page.

- they go to the thank you page without going to the payment environment.

In ALL cases the order is placed in backend!!

This problem causes that people leave my website and I loose money on this. The technical guys cannot find the problem.
The payment provider I use is Multisafepay and they advice to turn of third party modules but this is not an option for me.

Also we cannot reproduce the problem and it “only” happens on 1 out 3/5 orders.

I use 1.7.0.0.

All help is very welcome. Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pinpoint

Any? I need help big time!

Magento Community
Magento Community

zepher_007

Total Posts:  24

Maybe check your cookies time setting.  I had an issue where I had to lower the cookie lifetime and that helped.  Seems like a session issue or a problem with your success.phtml page.  Might want to check your magento logs for any hints on what\\\’s happening.  Never had the issue, but remember reading a thread about the cookie duration which might help.  Do you have any plugins that effect checkout?  Also, might want to look into what countries and locations you are using and it might be they are using a country or zipcode that\\\’s disabled on the backend.  Could also be an issue with using the checkout steps or the one page checkout.  Might want to activate one or the other and see if it helps.  Can you replicate the issue, or is it for random users?  Does registration change anything?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pinpoint

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my late answer.

The cookies are set for 3600. What time would you advice?

I am not sure how to check the logs [ I am no technical guy]. Can you help me with this?
Also I have no idea if I have plugins that effect the checkout, how could I find out?

The problem is completely random. No zip code is safe smile
I only use the one step check out.

I cannot duplicate the issue and also registration does not make a difference!

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community