Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Options not saving issue

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

Ahoy.

Having a bit of an issue here with the custom options on Magento.

If I go into the custom options of a product and create a new dropdown option and click ‘Save’, the option is saved when the page refreshes, but the options disappear. To make matters worse, when I click ‘Add new option’ to add to the drop down, the button doesn’t work. Nothing happens at all.

Additionally, when I load the page up (following the save), I get the following console error:

data.optionValues is undefined.
(data.optionValues.each(function(value)){

As expected, the product on the front end only shows a dropdown with ‘Please select’.

We’ve had a bit a problem with this. I’m not naming names here, but we installed a paid-for module from a certain reputable extensions company and there was an unrelated issue with it. We gave them access to our ftp to fix it and they’ve completely screwed up the custom options functionality.

Can anyone help me please? It’s pretty desperate as deadlines are looming.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

No offense, but if you have a solution for it, please post it here.

Update. I\’ve been importing products via MAGMI as well. I have store manager installed and I can actually see the product options attached to that product as well. I\’ve no idea as to why they don\’t display anywhere else.

I looked at the response of admin/catalog_product/options/id/41013/?isAjax=true&form;_key=sQaZxKazJk1MRp7k and it comes back with something about bundled products, but as that message is set to display:none, I\’m assuming it\’s nothing to do with the issues at hand.

Again, this only happens for options like Dropdowns, Radio or Checkbox. Everything else works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello, Tom!

Since you’ve mentioned that you already have Store Manager installed, our team develops it and we may try to investigate your issue more deeply.
Please, contact us direly here. Please, mention that you are from forum and provide us your .csv file and described your actions step-by-step.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Ok, it appears my problem has been solved. It’s linked to 2 problems I’ve posted about:

New categories not showing in front/admin area.
Not being able to add to cart anymore.

Apparently someone had edited a file within the varien files, quoting out some code, rendering some database queries useless. So I\’d advise anyone with backups of their site to compare the core folders and see what’s different within those areas.

It\’s a stupid problem to have, it’s cost me and my bosses a LOT of money to solve, but there. I hope no-one else has to go through what I went through.

Thanks,
Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community