Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add second store to single store website - 2 problems

David_Winters

Total Posts:  32
Charlotte, NC

My original site had one store.  Need to have a second one.  Managed to add the second store just fine but I cannot figure out to to add a catagory to the second store and also how to case a category now set to all to be defined to only the old store.

Need to have the following

Website
Store 1 with it’s own category menu
Store 2 with its own category menu

Also cannot figure out how to make the store names show up in tabs on the site? 

Thanks
Dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nileco

Total Posts:  79
Virginia

Dave,
First go to [catalog] [manage categories] under your admin.  Then select [add root category] this will be the new category for your new store.

Next, go to [system] [manage stores] and select the store that you recently created.  You will see a choice for [root category], choose the new root category that you created. 

I’m not sure on the store tabs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

David_Winters

Total Posts:  32
Charlotte, NC

Thanks… I discovered that somewhere around midnight. 

the answer to the rest of the puzzles was found here :  http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2578/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community