Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time

crabjack

Total Posts:  27

A customer called to tell me that she got the dreaded “Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time” message while checking out of my store. I re-created her order at an administrative level and got the same result.  In an attempt to understand the problem I recreated her order but with my log-in: same thing. It was a fairly large order, weight-wise, but not huge. Certainly under 150 lbs. but I deleted three of the larger items from the order and everything was fine. I was able to select a shipping method and complete the order. My shipping maximum weights are set well above the weight of this order, and I set them even higher to test,but that didn’t seem to do any good. I am running Magento v1.7.0.0 Community Edition.

As my business grows, I get more and more orders of this size. I appreciate any help you can send my way.

Thank you,
John

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

Hmmm, just an idea: Perhaps a max - scrip runtime value in the php.ini which is reached when the order creation needs to much time?

Magento Community
Magento Community

crabjack

Total Posts:  27

Dankeschön Siggi - I’ll look at that, but the order wasn’t that big in terms of the number of items; they were just big items. I have had bigger orders in number that have worked fine. I look at your suggestion though, and thanks again.
John

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community