Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error installing extension due to PHP version

thomasvaughn

Total Posts:  1

I’m attempting to install an extension and get an error related to the PHP version on my server. My PHP version is within the extension’s requirements, but my server is appending some garbage to the end of it which appears to be causing the problem. Here’s the message:

CONNECT ERROR: Package community/BorderPay 1.0.0: requires PHP version >= 5.2.0 and <= 5.3.10 current is: 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.4

I’m assuming others have hit this error. Any idea how to get past this so I can install the extension?

EDIT: Problem solved. I misread the version, thinking “1ubuntu3.4” was all extra junk at the end instead of 5.3.10-1 being the full version not just 5.3.10.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community