Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Transactional Emails sent are not the ones I edited

cntbill

Total Posts:  107
PA

Hi,

I just went through all the Transactional emails, Add New Template, I loaded the default templates, saved them as the same name as the default, previewed them and they look fine.

However when an Order or Invoice email is sent it is not changed, non of my modifications do not show up. What am I missing?  I am using v1.2.1, with the Blue Skin. Is there another default templates for the blue skin, if so Where Are They? Seems I am wasting more time in set up then selling.... lol

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fivestar

Total Posts:  115

Yes, quite embarassing, indeed smile. Are you sure you selected your modified templates in configuration>sales emails? By default, Magento has like something like: “Default template from locale”. Change it to “the actual template name”.

Nonetheless, I ended up modifying my email templates found in my app/....../theme directory. This is also the safest approach because not all templates are available for modification in admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

PA

fivestar - Thanks for the response.

I just went through Admin, then Transactional Emails, Add New Template, New Email Template, select load default template, select template from the drop down, left Local at English, then loaded the select template, after edit I saved the Template Name as the same name above in Load default template, template name, then previewed them and they look fine.

I used Filezilla FTP and searched the directories for the email templates and for the life of me can not find them… ???  So needless to say I’m just lost and confused…

Would you be kind enough to let me know what I am looking for, ie what is the template extension would help .. lol I can’t seem to locate the information on this.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I took me a while to work this out, but can I say that I think the best way to customise the emails is still through the admin interface - that way, they are ‘upgrade’ proof.
Here’s what I did:

1. Exactly as you did: Admin, > Transactional Emails, > Add New Template, > New Email Template, > select load default template, > select template from the drop down, left Local at English, then loaded the select template.

2. Edit away, changing what you want.

3. Save - BUT WITH A DIFFERENT NAME - that is the key. I kept the original names, but added my initials at the start.

4. Go to System > Configuration > Sales > Sales Emails - and use the drop down to change the selection for each email to your edited one.

Works a treat and doesn’t get overwritten when you upgrade Magento…

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

PA

NeilA - 22 January 2009 12:12 AM

4. Go to System > Configuration > Sales > Sales Emails - and use the drop down to change the selection for each email to your edited one.

Works a treat and doesn’t get overwritten when you upgrade Magento…

Hope that helps

This is what I was missing… lol oh oh I figured it had to be something I was overlooking.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Glad it helped - us users have to help each other out in the absence of complete docs!

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

PA

Yes, much appreciated Neil,

I didn’t catch fivestar’s hint “By default, Magento has like something like: ‘Default template from locale’. “ until I seen your step four.

Thanks guys grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community