Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

credit card processing/authorize.net

kmHelms

Total Posts:  227

Hi, I’m new to working with payment gateways and am a little fuzzy on how they work. Question 1-Do we have to use some sort of gateway? My place of work recently started using authorize.net for over the phone orders and such, and now are going to attempt to get our online shopping cart to use it too. Question 2- Can anyone explain to me at what point the credit card is charged, and the basic process overall? Is a card charged as soon as a customer confirms their order? Or does it charge once somebody confirms the order in our Magento admin?

Sorry for such a noob question, but sometimes if a customer orders something online and we are out of stock, rather than displaying ‘out of stock’ on the website the boss wants sales people to call them and ask if it is ok to substitute a different product (that can be a different price). Any information or links would be appreciated! Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community