Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I sell a single product? 

msayag

Total Posts:  25

Suppose I want to sell a bundle product that is unique (one of the bundled item is unique so only one such bundle can be purchased).
I set the quantity of the single item to “1” and indeed any request for a larger quantity is rejected.

I want the quantity to be set to “1” without any option to change it, or even remove the “quantity” field altogether.

How do I prevent the the option to change the quantity?

Thanks,

Moshe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

msayag

Total Posts:  25

Thanks but this doesn’t work exactly the way I want it to work >:(
Setting “User Defined Qty” to “No” fixes the quantity of the simple product in the bundle, but not the number of bundles.

For example, I have a necklace and two unique gem stones that fits it ("gem A” and “gem B").
There can only be one “gem A” and one “gem B” in the stock so there is no reason to let the customer request for 5 necklaces with “gem A”.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community