Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Issue setting up PayPal in 1.7.0.2

ckharper1978

Total Posts:  3

I created a separate post about this topic, but realized I may have put in the wrong place.  Trying again here in hopes that I can get some help.

We recently did a fresh install of Magento 1.7.0.2, and had gotten most of the way through the setup before we hit a blocker with our PayPal setup.  The option just doesn’t seem to be available within our admin console. We looked under ‘System > Configuration’.  Also looked under ‘System > Configuration > Payment Methods,’ but it’s not there either.

I read some threads on the community forums that suggested checking the ‘System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced’ settings to ensure “Mage_Paypal” is enabled.  I confirmed that it is enabled. Also tried disabling and re-enabling that setting, but still no option to setup PayPal as a payment method.

If this is not a simple fix, can anyone recommend a contract Magento developer to help us get this thing across the line?  Our previous developer had some personal issues pop up in the middle of our setup and is unavailable to help us now. 

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as we are very eager to get our site launched.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sunovisio

Total Posts:  94
Ho Chi Minh

Hi ckharper1978,

The issue is not easy to find with so few information. I think we might be able to make an intervention directly on your server to check where comes from the issue. Don’t hesitate to contact me for more information. (You can find my contact information in my signature).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sunovisio

Total Posts:  94
Ho Chi Minh

We recently did a fresh install of Magento 1.7.0.2, and had gotten most of the way through the setup before we hit a blocker with our PayPal setup.  The option just doesn’t seem to be available within our admin console. We looked under ‘System > Configuration’.  Also looked under ‘System > Configuration > Payment Methods,’ but it’s not there either.

I read some threads on the community forums that suggested checking the ‘System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced’ settings to ensure “Mage_Paypal” is enabled.  I confirmed that it is enabled. Also tried disabling and re-enabling that setting, but still no option to setup PayPal as a payment method.

If this is not a simple fix, can anyone recommend a contract Magento developer to help us get this thing across the line?  Our previous developer had some personal issues pop up in the middle of our setup and is unavailable to help us now.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as we are very eager to get our site launched.

We made the analyze on the server directly so we can give the tip if others has the same issue. The problem was due to Italian translation. You can check the javascript error thrown on page loading to see which translation causes an issue.

An other way is simply configure it in English.

Hope it will help people with same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

albertllavore

Total Posts:  1

We are actually experiencing the same issue with our Magento installation 1.7.0.2. Both Mage_Paypal and Mage_PaypalUK are enabled. Any tips on debugging this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community