Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SEO URLS don’t work for imported products

gforster2580

Total Posts:  2

I hope someone can help me with this as it\\\’s the first question I have not been able to find an answer to by searching.

I have entered some products manually and they have the url structure :-

mystore.co.uk/widgets/subwidgets/product1.html

I then exported one of these products and used it as a template to import some more products (once this works I want to import several thousand products in this way).  These imported products have the follwoing url :-

mystore.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/14/s/PRODUCT1/category/5/

I cannot for the life of me work out how to change them to look like the products I entered manually.....

Can anyone help ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gforster2580

Total Posts:  2

Can anyone help with this at all ?
I have around 30,000 products to import but I don’t want to start this until I know that this problem isn’t going to be present in them all....

Magento Community
Magento Community

nickmanderfield

Total Posts:  7
Appleton, WI

Yeah.. anyone?  smile Once the import is done I will start experimenting, but everything is set up properly, the products even have the SEO URL in the URL path and URL key fields.

grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

You have to run a full reindex after import to regenerate the urls, Magento 101.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community