Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal Express (review page) doesn’t recognise shipping method. Returns “Please specify a shipping method”

hubare1

Total Posts:  4

I have Paypal Express set up on sandbox.  The user is sent to Paypal, enters info, and is returned to my store to review and place order.

Even though I select a shipping method I still get the error message “Please specify a shipping method”

I’ve debugged the code a bit and the $address->getShippingMethod(); in the \Sales\Model\Service\Quote.php returns NULL

is there anything I’m missing?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zembaalbert

Total Posts:  1

The exact same problem gave a little headache for us too.. It turns out the clue is in the message itself: Magento cannot find a shipping method for this order. Maybe you do have some shipping methods configured but for this specific order none works.

In our Magento we have the “Table rates” shipping method configured as “# vs. Destination” and so when we try to make an order with a destination that’s not on the list we receive this error.

Probably best way to check if you have the same problem is to activate “Free shipping” and try again.

Then, check in detail all your shipping method configurations and make sure there is at least 1 configuration that works for your order.

Good luck!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community