Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

can magento remove prototype and use jquery

sevenusd

Total Posts:  53

i seems that prototype framework it is too big,i don’t need it,but it will affect other functions.could anyone has suggestion for this questions

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

Magento uses prototype for the complete onepage checkout, for example. When you remove prototype, you have to build this functions with jQuery. I will not recommended to remove prototype.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

I would not recommend removing prototype. There is not really a reason too. All javascript should be based on prototype and not jquery as that is what magento is based on. Removing prototype would be a task too large (better to use proper javascript based on prototype than trying to remove it).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community