Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

XLS import trouble

Manudi0

Total Posts:  2

hello guys,
I’ve got some troubles with xls import.

Magento doesn’t allow to import xls files. I’m trying to save it to a csv. But it doesn’t work. All the time i get this type of error. - “Choose your CSV file_1” I’m a newbie, maybe somebody can help me.

thanx!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BiGG_y

Total Posts:  3

Yes Magento doesn’t support xls import. You have to save your data to CSV file using “SAVE AS”.
And also very important thing - your csv file needs to be saved in UTF-8 format. I think you didn’t do this. That’s why you have got an error.
Basicaly for you as a newbie this article will be very useful. You can find there a lot of interesting info about most common csv import errors that newbies usually do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

While converting your file to .csv, please, do not forget that you need to indicate the correct values following delimiters:
“Quote string values” and “delimiter character” to separate fields data. If you do not know which delimiters you have you can check which are used in dataflow import. If you use correct delimiters, the file will be parsed properly during import.

Also, please, note that Magento has strict requirements to the file uploaded. To suit those requirements there should be indicated all the necessary for Magento columns, check the documentation here.

In case you do not have all the required data or you need to export only a couple of fields, I can offer you to run import via the application called Store Manager for Magento.
Using it you will be able to adjust the information in your file, make changes on a fly, increase price without previously editing the file itself.

Here you can download 2-weeks free version of Store Manager and give it a try -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

If any assistance required, we will gladly provide it to you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kroeger

Total Posts:  11

Hi Manudi0

I was investigating the question of xls or xlsx import to Magento and what i found best was this extension. I also had a problem of xls import to Magento so I needed to find the way out. This tool helps me and think it should help you!  grin cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community